View Single Post
SilverSabre25 07:33 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
ok, 2 things. I wonder if something happened at the other daycare. I had a boy come to me 2 yrs ago, mom was crying and telling me that since her child started at the home daycare he started with seperation anxiety, he wasn't sleeping, his attitude changed. so 2 yrs later he's a good kid, mom and I are good friends but she thinks that the other provider was leaving her kid in the playpen all day thats why he had issues.

or can you call the other provider and see if she had a problem, maybe something happened that mom doesn't want to tell you. thats weird that he would do those weird behaviors.
I was also wondering if something happened at the other place. I would give him a good chance to settle down. Clam, loving, routine is probably best for him right now. Reassurance, cuddles, and perhaps a Big Exciting Awesome activity planned for about ten minutes after he arrives--fingerpainting with colored whipped cream on the high chair tray, maybe. Or even maybe try to distract him with a simple show right after drop off for awhile? Something, anything that will get his attention OFF the door.