View Single Post
midaycare 11:13 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
So we're in TX so rarely have a day that's not in the triple digits.

The kids of course LOVE sprinkler days but it takes 30-45 mins just to get them dressed and sunscreened. And then getting them dressed takes another 30-45 mins. I know I should do it everyday b/c otherwise our outdoor time is so short because of the heat.

Just wondering how many times a week you do sprinklers or water play that involves getting them in swimsuits? I feel awful not doing it everyday but just dread the prep and cleanup...but I do love the post nap.
I see there are 111 answers already, so probably there is a debate going on. But without reading anything else I would say: as many times as you are comfortable with. This completely depends on you and your group. I don't do sprinkler play, but I live in Michigan and it's fairly cold here most of the year. However, I do snow play and this includes snowpants, hats, gloves, boots, and can take me a looooooong time to get kids ready (10-25 minutes, I have 3's and under).

We just make going outside a part of our day. If that means dressing for weather, that is what it means.

But if you aren't comfortable with it, don't worry about it. When it gets too cold here, we don't go out. Likewise, if it is too hot there, I imagine you wouldn't go out.