Thread: Ha Ha! Not!
View Single Post
MrsB 07:25 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by cheeseheadmama:
I have one family that always expects special treatment because we have been friends for a long time. The other night I turned the tables on him and asked him to return the movies I had rented since he mentioned he had to go somewhere that went right past the video store. He did it! Tee hee. He did hesitate at first but then agreed. At least it saved me a trip and maybe he won't ask me for as much "special" as before.
I have a daycare mom that when her daughter first started 2 years ago, she always would ask for "favors". I started to feel like it was being expected. So I started to ask for "favors" back. It did cut down on her asking. She only asks when she really needs the help now instead of it being a total convenience thing. 2 years later though, it has become a great relationship. She stops at dunkin donuts or starbucks in the morning a couple times a week and always gets me coffee. She has stopped by the store a couple times and grabbed me a gallon of milk or something. She has dropped my son off at practice for me. Started as special but now is a give and take situation.