View Single Post
Leanna 12:50 PM 06-15-2014
Originally Posted by daycare_jen:
I was that mom, while I worked in the same daycare my daughter went to. I worked there over the summer, while my husband was home with my daughter. I saw what they ate and there was no way I wanted my daughter to eat that way every day. We eat primarily organic, although there are times we have things that are not. We also avoid gluten as a family (my husband has autoimmune issues and does best with it) as I want to avoid triggers to affect my children's health. Let me say, yes, there are times my child does not always eat this way, but I just couldn't let her everyday. The food they served were poptarts, honeybuns, cinnamon rolls, muffins and so on for breakfast.... no fruit or protein. Lunch was usually a processed chicken nugget, pizza, or other prepackaged easy to warm up item. When the school year started and my husband returned to his teaching job, she started at the daycare. They insisted she had to be on the food program. I discussed this with her doctor and he wrote a note, stating that she was on a special diet, so that I could avoid it. They had me bring her own food, but they still claimed her on the food program There are several providers that believe that all children must be a part of it.

Just have his mom bring his meals and do not claim him on the program.
Here we MUST enroll everyone or not participate at all. ONLY infants under one year old are given the option of "opting out." There is NO option for children over the age of one to not enroll. This is why I provide meals to accommodate allergies and dietary restrictions.