View Single Post
daycare_jen 06:18 PM 06-15-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
I completely get what you are saying. I'm not really concerned about the food program as I just signed up this month and am still trying to figure out how it works. I just feel like shes not being honest about things and that's why there is no documentation. If she would've said he was on an organic gluten free diet by choice then I wouldn't have enrolled because that's not how my program works. This mom also said her son has asthma and an attachment anxiety disorder but there is no paperwork about it. His medical states there are no medical or food issues. Its kind of funny because at playtime dcb was playing with the McDonalds cash register and scanning items saying it was his organic happy meal from McDonalds that mommy always buys him for being a good listener.

oh, I totally understand... she should have been up front with it. I think there are times that parents may feel the need to say it is an allergy or intolerance when it is a lifestyle choice... mostly due to people thinking it is just a fad diet or whatever. And that is definitely wrong, they should always be upfront with it... because what if the child did accidently eat something and then you are panicking about it. I would just tell her at this point that in your daycare, you do not allow food from home. period. if she wants him to have a special diet, then you need documentation and cannot provide care until he has it. or just term him. While I'm willing to work with families on meals, there are many things that I do not negotiate, so I get it and that is really crazy about the mcdonalds.... I would mention to mom that you were surprised he eats at mcdonalds due to his allergies,