View Single Post
dEHmom 06:19 AM 02-02-2011
It sounds like you've gotten a lot of great advice, and have a solution in toe.

I think there is nothing wrong with you raising the rates to the regular rates. You did her a favor in the beginning, she has not respected all of your policies during the time you've had this dcg. So you have every right to adjust the rate accordingly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's no different then when you get a lower interest rate on a credit card, you are late on a payment 3 times and your interest rate goes up. Tell her she needs to take the full time spot at the full time rate, or you are going to need to fill the spot.

It's not a matter of you charging her more because of special needs. If she fought you on this, you have proof everyone else is paying the regular rate, so she's not getting charged more per say.

As for caring for the child, I know kids like to take advantage of times when they know no one can do anything about anything. When my kids know I'm in the bathroom, thats when they head for the treats. That's when they throw, hit, punch, bite, or whatever. They wait for the moments you are distracted or unavailable. So if you are having to take 1/4 of an hour or more (considering you'll have to prep, then administer) 2-3 times a day, you are now leaving the other children unattended to a degree for approx 1 hour a day, or 5 hours a week. I think if you are not comfortable or able to provide this treatment, you should not be forced to.

My "red flag" on this topic is, if the child is on day 5 of treatments, and it is so necessary to have this machine for the well being of this child, why have you not had to use it yet? By the mom's eagerness for this machine, I agree with previous posters that she is just looking for the funding from the government. I bet she gets a new wardrobe, laptop,camera or something in the next month. Sounds to me like she just pushed the subject. I don't know anything about nebs but I would assume this child is not severe enough to need multiple treatments a day, so the mom is probably just going to get you to administer so that she can claim it?