Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
MommyMuffin 04:25 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by logged out.:
I am a registered member but have logged out.

I have been writing theis post in head for some time, but I think it might be a better Vent and make more sence in list form:

Background: I work in a house dedicated to childcare. I own this home with my partner. We have been in business for almost 10 years.

-for the last 6 years I have worked 1/3 more than my partner, we split the money 50/50
-for the last 5 years I have worked twice as much as my parnter, still $50/50
-for the last year I have worked at least 3/4 more hours than her, still $ 50/50
- for last month I have worked 100% alone, still $ 50/50
--she had a 'personal issue' and has been unable to 'handle the stress of daycare AND her emotions....whatever I am not heartless....get yourself put back together so you can be 100% when you come back.

-she is NOT using her time off as intended and refuses to communicate with me about the business.

- we purchased the daycare home less than a year ago (after renting for years) I found out last week the nearly 50,000 in rent credit we though we got was taken off of an inflated price...so really we bought it for market value in five years it will HAVE to have new windows and in 10 a new roof...we will not have the money for these things now that we don't have 50k in equity.

-I do ALL of the daycare house work (in and out) ALL of the house work (in and out) at my own home, and ALL of the house work (in only) at my boyfriend house
*this is something that I could take off my plate, but I want this to be the way our life together is and I am not will to sacrifice. When I get tired of cleaning 8 bathrooms and doing endless dishes (no dish washers and a three sink method @daycare) it is my personal home that suffers and get behind.

-I work open to close with no days off, and I have to rely on friends to take bank deposites bc I am working ALL hours they are open.

-I am currently over 2,000 behind on payroll bc my partner needed the money and for a week never came in to take a deposit in, I am currenly living off of my savings untill I can catch up.

-I have three REALLY terrible boys that et on my every last nerve and I find hard to handle, plus I am losing controll of all of teh kids bc I have to spend so much time focused on non-childrelated tasks, or one on one care (diapers, baby bottles) that they know I am distracted and are takign serious advatage of my weaknesses.

-I was running over capasity, but thankfully saw the worst comming and have made my numbers with in reg again. 8 all day EVERYday. I know it isnt fair to care when the parents bring kids when they are home, but I so despretly need a break and the only chance I have for one is if little naughty Jonnhy stays home for a day and it is just a little lighter load that day.

-I want out. I am finished. My partner refuses to sell, or talk to me about any type of solution that will get me out by my set date (three months away)

-In little talk about quiting she refuses to treat me as a partner -
----all IRS forms as filed as a partnership, both names on checking, and I am considered lead provider on state liscence, not to mention my time and effort.

- For years if anything didn't go her way she yelled stormed out and threatened to quit. I was scared I had no other way to make a living. I went back to school and now have a way to provide for myself out side of daycare, now that I want to leave she says she can't afored to quit this is her only option and if I leaves she will never have a chance...I realize now she never would have quit back then she was was lying....to keep me scared and her in controll.

My partner is my MOTHER
I get that she is your mother, and we all love our mother, BUT we didnt get to pick our mothers. There is only so much you can take.

Your mother sounds very selfish and it sounds like she doesnt care about your happiness. You only get one life!!! Get out, do what you want and hopefully someday she would understand. You dont want to waste your life being leashed by your mother. Move on and she will have to too. Good for you for going to school!! Congrats! And good luck