View Single Post
Crystal 08:08 AM 05-19-2010
This is an AWESOME program, I have used it in the past. It is very open-ended and based on emergent learning. Totally NOT a cookie cutter program.

Your first kit comes with many wonderful resources and each additional kit comes with lots of stuff, including the curriculum, books for the classroom, books for the children to take home, manipulatives, a puppet or stuffed animal, posters, etc. It is VERY reasonably priced as well.

Did you order the samples for the Family Child Care program, or one of the others? The Family Childcare program is great, because it includes materials and activities for each age group. Your kit is customized based on the ages you serve and can be changed anytime.

Keep in mind it does NOT include the actual art materials.....but most activities use materials and supplies you would generally have. I never liked the programs where all the children make the exact same thing....I like it to be more about the process rather than the end product, and that's exactly what you get with High Reach. The only reason I no longer use it is because I use my own curriculum now, much of it developed based on the principals that High Reach ues.

I say go for it, you'll love it!