View Single Post
tenderhearts 12:01 PM 10-14-2010
Ok so today I definetly decided that the new dcb needs to leave. I just can't do it. So here's my question. Tomorrow is the last day of the "trial period", would you give them the letter today or tomorrow? I think today. Here's the other question, which letter sounds better.
I'm terminating because he's just not a good fit with my current group, it's just too stressful his behavior with the age group I have, he is the oldest by over a year of one and then 2 + years of the rest. so here's the letters.

Dear ________,
I regret to inform you that I must terminate our Child Care arrangement. ______ continues to have trouble adjusting to being in daycare. This situation creates stress for me as I don’t like seeing my children unhappy and being powerless to do anything about it. I believe that it would be in the best interests of everyone that you find a situation that will work better for your child.

I am giving you one-month notice effective today. _____’s last day will be _______.

Regards,

OR
==============================================================================================

Date

Dear ******X:
As you know, I have specifications in our contract for a two-week trial period. This gives you, as parents, as well as myself, an opportunity to see how your child fits into care here at __________________. I am afraid that after this trial period, I will not be able to continue with our contract. This has been a very difficult decision on my part, as I adore _________, but I am not able to provide him with the level of care he needs, as well as the other children in my care concurrently. I don't think it's the right fit for the current group I have.

I will continue to provide care for ____________ until ___________ so that you may have time to find a provider that will be a better fit for your family. As we are still in the trial period, I will understand if you find care for ____________ sooner than this date. Please let me know if this happens.

In accordance with ____________________ Policies, you are required to pay for my services up to the last day of service stated in the Termination Letter, whether or not your child is present.

It is important to me, as a childcare provider, to provide the same level of care to each individual child that I would provide for my own children. I do not feel this is possible in the current situation. I apologize for any inconvenience, but take these steps out of consideration for what is best for your family as well as mine. I thank you for your time and wish your family all the best.

Respectfully Yours,

Parent Signature ____________________________________ Date _____________

Provider Signature __________________________________ Date

I think the second letter is better but your thoughts????? I've only had to do this like once before and it was a long time ago.

thanks please fast...