View Single Post
LittleD 06:20 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I wouldn't have insisted on him saying sorry. A natural consequence of losing chair privileges the next day or something to that effect would have been better because you know you would "win" that battle. ask mom what happened yesterday evening, k?
She said when dad came home he told him that he had been bad at daycare. That he threw a chair, but shouldn't have to say sorry because it was an accident.

NannyDe- I have read that article. This is a 4 yr old, who knows remorse and empathy, and Know why they are saying sorry. Normally it isn't an issue. My kids are (on a good day) naturally intuitive towards each others feelings, and do display empathy and remorse. This was simply a power struggle.
My 6 yr old son has tried the but I said I'm sorry, I quickly put the notion out of his head that it will get him out of time outs. Now, I don't have to ask him to say sorry. He says it on his own when he has done something wrong. And he feels the remorse. "Ï'm sorry I broke my sisters toy. It was an accident and I don't want her to be sad!"