View Single Post
Christian Mother 04:20 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Still don't have an official notice but was told by one of the parents last night they would get it to me in less than 2 weeks. I am advertising. What if I can fill the spot before they want to be done with daycare here?

Also was told that the parents need me to review the school evaluation/report card of the child because they disagree with the responses from the teachers and since I spend the most time with little "Clark" they want me to write up my own assessment in response to the school one. I have no official training in that area. Do I really have to do this? I don't want to, I'm uncomfortable doing it and want to know what you all would say/do? This is also the family that begged me to homeschool their child. I did not have any interest in doing that and told them I couldn't devote my time to the other kids if I was homeschooling their boy.

????
Def. advertise and set up appts. If you have a serious family who wants the spot and has paid all fees and last 2 wks upfront take them. Just make sure that you uphold to your agreement and give them a 2 wks notice. I am not sure if your just able to go ahead and start the newbie or if you would need to give both 2 wks to start and to term.

As far as the family that wants you to comment on the teachers evaluation and findings. There the experts not you. You are paid to care for their child and nothing further then that. Tell them the truth...it makes you feel very uncomfortable to be put into that sort of situation. I would be curious to learn what the teachers say though...heheh