View Single Post
blandino 04:03 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Sending home a policy update that I will no longer be accepting phone calls or texts after hours. ?

I have two dcp's who do this CONSTANTLY and everything they ask is something that can wait. I send home a thorough daily report and ALWAYS tell them anything out of the ordinary.

One dcb didn't nap AT ALL today and his mother has been texting and calling me NON STOP since 6pm because he is cranky. Um, read the sheet!!!!!!!

Another dcg lost a stinking hair clip (the kind I DONT ALLOW,which they have KNOWN, it is in her cubby) and Mom thought it was necessary to BOMB my phone with 8 texts about it since I didn't answer her RIGHT BACK. SERIOUSLY?

I HAVE A LIFE.
I have SOOOO been thinking of this lately. Some texts from parents I totally don't mind - the cute ones that say DCK were doing something cute they learned at daycare. But the unnecessary ones really get me - or the ones at 6:30 am while I am getting ready.... DRIVE ME BANANAS.

I have half a mind to not answer them until business hours the next day. MarinaVanessa was talking about a Google service that allows you to get a business number that will just forward phone calls to your number. I'm not sure if you can turn it off for business hours - but wouldn't that be nice