View Single Post
Unregistered 05:07 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you propose the DCP should have done, take your children during power outages? She is not allowed. Sandy is an act of God, and no one's fault. Sometimes, the act of irritation shows ungratefulness. Perhaps, the act of God and the lack of power and heat affected more than just your family. For example: The food she bought FOR YOUR (and other's) child(ren) probably went bad and she'd have to rebuy it. Perhaps there was damage to the center where YOUR child goes, and so they had to pay for THAT instead of the teachers. People only look at what affects them, and not the bigger picture that maybe you didn't see, that affects EVERYONE. Consider your weekly fee a donation that made sure she could open after that week and a half by being able to go back to the store and replace all the food, to make sure that the power could come back on, to fix any damage that the storm caused and be grateful you weren't one who lost their home and have to rebuild---and didn't have flood insurance, or didn't have enough money for their deductible...you are not the only one a devastation like Sandy or Katrina affected, so stop acting like it was all about you. YOU were struggling to find care. Well, everyone else was struggling TOO.
calm down- I said I was annoyed, but I paid the fee because I signed the contract. That's the main point of this thread. I didn't think it was fair that in a center with probably about 70 children all paying their fee with all the staff that cover their ratios plus subs (not doing the math to figure out how many staff that is) that didn't get paid that week that were all dealing with their own issue from the storm and whatnot just didn't seem cool. Add to that the fact that I had to call the corporate head of my center because I couldn't get ahold of my director or owner to let me know what was going on, but of course, that's a topic for another thread and it was a few years ago now.

TL/DR- calm down, pay your daycare, sorry to have offended