View Single Post
jenboo 08:16 AM 03-13-2014
I need some way to entertain some toddlers while I feed a very slow 3 month old.
I recently got licensed and was able to add one two more kids.
I currently have
DCG 5 yrs old
DCG 4 yrs old
DCB just turnd 2 yrs old
DCB about to turn 2 yrs old
DCB 17 months old
DCG 3 months old

It takes DCG 3 months old at least 45 to drink 6 ounces!! The older DCGs are great and I have no problem with them. The DCBs discovered yesterday that while im feeding the baby, they can basically do what ever they want because I can't do anything about it. It was chaotic! They did not listen to me/respond to their names, etc. This is only the first week with the baby and almost 2 yr old so I know it is going to take time for everyone to adjust.

I am looking for activity ideas to entertain the toddlers while the baby is eating. I have 2 that put everything in their mouths so i have to be careful (pom poms/ cotton balls are definitely a no unless i can be right there to stop them from going in the mouths). They do not sit for very long either (obviously). I don't have much range of motion while feeding the baby so i am at a loss for activities because these boys are wild. Oh and it needs to be an inside activity.

Activities that are a no go:
pompoms (choking hazard)
crayons/ playdough (they eat them)
sensory table (i dont have enough time between feeding the baby and making lunch to clean up the huge mess they make