View Single Post
melilley 10:36 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by finsup:
My son has that kind of energy and I so understand how exhausting it can be. I can't exactly term my own kid though A few things that have helped, first off, dancing. We start the morning with dancing, we dance anytime he seems like he needs to get some energy out. Thankfully the others think this is great and are all happy to dance anytime lol. Having a very structured, typical routine. If his routine is off he's awful. I've found with him, he can do about 30 minutes of free play but that's it. So our routine is kind of based around that. He knows that he will get an instant time out of he runs etc. I do plan a lot of large motor games for inside and get outside as often as I can though. When we're able to get outside twice a day, he's better. In these wonderful winter moths well, it's a very long season lol. The nice thing is, it's ok for me to plan our days to help him because the other kids adjust easily to everything. Not every group is like that though.
But anyways, I don't blame you for wanting to term. It's hard to handle, especially when it's not your own child!
With this child, I try to have routine. But it seems that everything we do, he will find someway to make someone cry or he just goes crazy. If we were to dance, he gets so crazy that other children get hurt, if we do sensory, he's taking the other children's materials, every time I turn my head he's doing something! He split his head open when he was about 20 months because he wouldn't stop running and going crazy. When mom or dad pick up, he's still crazy and will throw things, hit them, etc... Dcm tells him what he is doing and is firm, but when dcd picks up, he always asks how he was and when I tell him that he had a rough day, it's just "oh M" and then he changes the subject.

Also, I know the child is the same at home because dcm always tells me. I know she works with him, but dcd doesn't seem to.

I've had him since he was 18 months old and he is now 3 years old. I have never given up like this, but I'm tired of being miserable. I've wanted to term since he started. But I love dcm. I know, I know, not a reason to be miserable.