Thread: DCF Events
View Single Post
Unregistered 01:15 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I've only been doing these a couple of years and it's an uncomfortable thing for me to do, totally out of my comfort zone. But I've tried to have them late Friday afternoons, ex. from 3-picking up, just to make them easier for dcps to attend. However, putting something together while all the dcks are here can be a challenge.
So for our Halloween party I'm trying for a Saturday afternoon; I've already issued the invite so it'll be at least a 6 week notice. I already have 2 dcfs that can't come due to plans. Being me, I'm taking it personally and thinking why don't they want to come and what if NOBODY comes??? I'm over-reacting. Of course.
But my question is this....for those of you who do host family events, do you hold them during working hours or Saturdays? Which have you found gets more attendance and interest?
I've always felt parents are so darn busy anyways that adding another thing onto their schedule isn't exactly something they want to do, which is just another reason why I dread this kind of thing so much.
3 family events per year, on Saturdays