View Single Post
craftymissbeth 05:11 AM 12-01-2014
I'm not the best cook plus I hate the clean up afterward. So I dumbed down my menu a LOT. As a bonus, my dcks eat better than they did before.

One thing I do is every single Wednesday its PB&J's, cheddar cheese cubes, raw broccoli w/ dip, Apple slices, and milk. Believe it or not, but that's the only meal where all of my kids devour 2-3 plate fulls of food.

I don't like PB&J's and since I eat with my dcks I decided to switch things up. I started cooking them just like grilled cheese sandwiches... Oh. My. Goodness. So stinking good!

I also used my crock pot a ton before I dropped the ceramic part and broke it. Since I dislike clean up so much I started using the crock pot bags... you just throw the thing away and washing is super easy. My crock pot was seriously my best friend. I even roasted whole chickens in it.

The rest of our meals consist of basic ingredients. A super simple protein (a lot of days it's something as simple as cottage cheese, cheese cubes, hard oiled eggs, yogurt, etc), two servings of veggies, and an easy grain (bread, roll, buttered noodles, crackers, etc). Many providers serve rice as their grain, but I burn it every time .