View Single Post
Christian Mother 09:33 AM 09-23-2011
I think at interview the "discipline" talk should be def. discussed. It's important to find out how parents discipline their child at home and how they go about difficult situations when faced with a tantrum or behavior not acceptable. How the parents would like you to handle such situations. When I interview I tell them up front that I am very stricked. Not military stricked but I don't allow bad behavior to dominate my day. It's dealt with right away. And I agree..with other posts...I find it a lot easier to have children start as a infant so they get a jump start on discipline. Manners here are key also...they learn as soon as they can utter words Please, Thank you, Amen, May I Be Excused...and the parents are very supportive. It really starts at interview of what is exspected from the children but also mostly with the parents.

I don't think you should place your dcb out side by him self for a time out. He needs to be supervised and you can't do that if he is out side. If this happens when mom is there for pick up it's best to use Nans approach with "The Changing Of The Guards". All children need to be ready to go before mom comes and she needs to call you or text you when she is outside and you should walk them all to her car. I don't know about you but my 4 yr old loves to have something to do so put him in charge. Have him be your helper. There should be a sticker chart or a behavior chart up just for him. Start praising him for things he's doing that are praise worthy. If he throws a tantrum he needs to go lay down and don't pay much attention to it. The less attention the better bc then he gets to listen to him self. He'll tire of it bc no one is giving in to the attention. Good luck dear I hope the days get better for you!! He should be starting Kindy here pretty soon too so next yr should be better hopefully!!