View Single Post
brookeroo 06:35 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Is it possible for you to wear him? Have you tried swaddling or white noise for sleeping?

I prefer not to have to wear him because I am up and down steps very frequently and I just think as clingy as this baby is it's only encouraging that expectation from him. I just don't feel like that's realistic and we will never get where he needs to be if I wear him. Plus he's here from 7:30-5:40pm... there is no way I'm wearing him that long.

I use a fan in the room he's in. It doesn't seem to help at all and he has no interest in swaddling. It makes him angry.

He does take a bottle. I'm using a #1 nipple and making sure he's burping.

CIO- I've done this for up to an hour and a half with this baby. I honestly don't know how long it's really ok to go with him. I feel like an hour and a half is pretty long already. It just doesn't seem healthy to leave a baby cry that long. But he is just relentless and I make sure that he's fed, burped and his diaper is clean and dry...he cannot stand any moisture or uncleanliness with his diaper. He does not give up and he is just really irritable.

I have to be able to get through lunches and get the kids down for naps... I also have another infant who I had before him. He was pretty fussy himself due to acid reflux initially. He is also breast fed. He is doing much better lately since I had started CIO with him after we got his acid reflux issue. He still is at times a bit fussy though. The CIO seemed to have worked well with the first infant. He's now 3 months old but together these two really give me a run for my money some days...