View Single Post
nannyde 06:03 PM 08-20-2013
My State says careful supervision at ALL times.

I do direct visual supervision when they are up out of their beds. The only time I'm not watching them with my eyes is during nap when the little ones are confined in equipment they can't get out of. The older kids (over three and a half) are trained to STAY in bed until I or my helper tell them they can get up. I have my house set up that I can hear them if they move around. I also NEVER allow the older kids near the babies. I have three separate napping areas to keep the bigger kids completely away from the babies.

I check the babies during nap every time every ten minutes. I set a timer and do rounds. The kids are all used to me coming into the room every ten minutes. They sleep thru it.

We are not allowed to have any age kid outside without a provider. We aren't allowed to even have a staff assistant outside with them alone. The only person that can watch them outside besides the provider is a co provider who has at least five years experience and approved by the dhs.

If I am caring for them alone and have to leave the room I confine them all and run quick to do what I need to do. I have everything I can do done before they get here. I set up my routine and physical set up for maximum supervision.

These kids are OTHER people's children. They have to be WATCHED at a way higher level than our own kids. The days of "I can't be everywhere all the time" is over. Now when they are on our clocks we have to watch them.

Don't take kids you don't have the room for and kids you can't properly supervise. If you can't watch them then don't take them. No amount of money is worth it.