View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:01 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
And this really bothers me. Kids, on the whole, are going to reflect the care they've received and the environment they spend so much time in. If a child always feels left out, unloved, insecure, not to mention abused and neglected, it's unlikely that child will flourish and blossom into a healthy individual.

Such honesty!! I love it. I try not to judge and am lucky to have a pretty good group of dcps at the moment. Sure, got a couple issues here and there with a touch of narcissistic craziness thrown in just for excitement but they all seem to want to spend time with their child/ren. I have no problem(anymore) with parents who want or need time to themselves but when you read stories on here....Stories about parents who take a week vacation with 1 child but send the other to grandma's. Not sure if I've ever thought any specific person shouldn't be a parent but I know I've come across a couple that should've taken a course 'How to let go of your cellphone and make your child more important 101'.
All of this.
If parents that do get frequent breaks do not want to spend that extra time that is on them.i think as providers at least for me I see a behavior difference in the ones that parents spend that extra time with their children versus the ones that drop their children off from open to close and send them to grandma on the weekends? I know myself I think children do miss valuable time.its gotten to the point I've offered those families option to save money by only sending their children those 3 days a week. No one has taken me up on it either.