View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by skipper:
I'd love to get some input on this ongoing battle. I've sent out notices, friendly reminders, emails, to please dress and send weather appropriate clothing for your kids.
Today, it's 82 degrees, sunny, humid. 4 out of 6 of my DCK's are wearing rubber boots. No socks. One has jeans on, the other a sweater, no t shirt underneath. And not a change of clothes between them. Unless you count the soiled laundry that keeps coming back in the diaper bag.
And these are high income bracket one child families. I hate to think of letting them go.... the kids are great, it wouldn't be fair to them
I usually start out with friendly reminders too, then it usually progresses to frustration and then outright confusion as to why parents won't or don't comply when it comes to their child's needs.

I don't always have the time to do a check upon arrival so any time we are transitioning to an activity that requires certain clothing/items (that was previously requested/required and a child doesn't have it, I will call the parent at work.

"Hi Jill, Say I have requested proper clothing for Billy now several times and you have still not brought it. We are getting ready to head outside and he doesn't have the right clothing. You will need to bring him the requested clothing so he can participate with the others or you will need to come pick him up so that the rest of us can do xxxxx (whatever activity we have planned). Thanks"

I don't care if the parent is inconvenienced as not bringing the things your child needs, after being asked multiple times, is simply not acceptable and it inconveniences me and all the other families who DO bring the required supplies for their kids.

I would never allow the other kids to miss out on something because ONE parent couldn't get their ducks in a row.

Some parents need to start making their child's need a priority.