View Single Post
TwinKristi 01:03 PM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Same here. I have a big problem with daycare parents younger than my own children coming in and trying to tell me how to do things. I sent one on her way because during interview, she asked several times if I was sure I knew how to make formula. Then she wanted to watch me do it.

GET. OUT!
This reminds me of when I worked at a center-type gym daycare and was primarily in the infant room with the under 1's. I was the 2nd oldest person working there, the oldest in the infant room, had the most children of my own (5 at the time) and more experience with childcare and diapering than the other employees combined. When someone complained about bringing their infant from the gym to the Ped and upon taking off their diaper found dried feces all over they were mortified. They made a huge stink about it and everyone had to be supervised changing a diaper to be sure we all knew how. I had a girl, seriously 23yrs old with NO children of her own, supervise me changing a baby's diaper. I was like really? You think **I** don't know how to change a diaper?? They would call me in the infant room if someone used cloth diapers because no one else knew how to change them. It was soooo lame. I would have the same response if someone questioned my ability to mix a bottle of formula. I've mixed more bottles of formula than all my daycare parent combined!