View Single Post
nannyde 06:20 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I hate people, so tell me if this is normal I'm usually perceptive but I'm at a loss here.

New dcg, age 2, just turned. She's good, just super needy and clingy. Whines to go home a lot. But getting better a little each day.

Dcm is a teacher and dcd works similar hours. Besides the interview, I've never seen dcm. Both parents give me a weird vibe. They are super materialistic ("We go to Key West, we go here, we go there, we want a newer, bigger, house..."). Ironically it's easy to see they are broke as can be, but that's besides the point. They are both very in your face blunt. I'm blunt. They are super blunt. When I'm taken aback, you know it's blunt.

So the weird thing is that dcd makes odd comments about dcg. "Dcg needs to thin out" (she's tiny but has the cute little 2-year-old chub that all toddlers do. Dcg will be gorgeous though). "Dcg has fat feet. We need her to grow so she's not so fat." "Dcg is looking chunky in that outfit today". Or yesterday at pickup..."Dcg, looking good in your skinny jeans." What the serious heck? It's always comments about her body and I think it's weird.

I don't know if he is just so materialistic that he wants everything to look great in his life, including his kids (she's so adorable, by the way). Or if he's creepy.

Thoughts? I'm not like ready to call CPS, I should state. Sometimes people jump on that band wagon. But I definitely have my eyes open as those comments seem inappropriate!
Dad "Dcg needs to thin out"
You: I'm going to need a Doctor's note for that. If she has a medical issue causing her to be obese we need to find out asap.

Dad "Dcg has fat feet. We need her to grow so she's not so fat."
You: I'm going to need a Podiatrist note for that. If she needs special shoes or orthotics we need to get them asap.

Dad "Dcg is looking chunky in that outfit today".
You: To DCG... "sounds like you will be getting a whole new wardrobe here soon little missy."

Dad Dcg, looking good in your skinny jeans."
You: To DCG... "Daddy likes your jeans".

There's a CHANCE he's just a creep and wants to ENGAGE you and he literally can't think of a single thing to say because he's socially inept or dumb.

Any chance he's got the hots for you?