View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am appalled at the lack of united fronts lots of daycare/babysitter's have. It's like deep down inside they want to believe they are better than the parent can do a better job than the parent - well you can't and you don't.
But I do. You've parented for less than a decade maybe two. And it's progressive.

I've care for, raised, taught, nurtured and loved children under the age of 12 for over two and half decades. Basically, I've had a 2 yr old (albeit a different one) but had a 2 yr old for a really long time. Pretty sure that gives me MORE experience and knowledge than you as a parent or a therapist will ever have. My hands on experience trumps your textbook knowledge every time.

Plus you said your child is or was in daycare so again, that's face to face parent time you didn't have.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
BTW my background is in psychology, play therapy, and I am a mom.
WORST parents I've ever had (and not once) were in the same field. Thought they knew everything but yet they weren't the one caring for their child on a day to day basis.

Originally Posted by Vesta:
Hey unregistered, whatever useful information you thought you were providing got lost in the snide condescending snark. Hope you feel better now.
Right? When the message is supportive, helpful and clear it is received and accepted so much better. When it's riddled with condescension, rudeness and a holier-than-thou attitude, it's often discarded without merit.

Psychology 101.