View Single Post
cheerfuldom 05:13 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by katieica:
I think you're doing the right thing in sticking to your contract. Sorry that those parents are showing their true colors.

My sil closed her daycare. All but 1 family was fine with the situation and immediately found other care. The other family was very upset. Apparently dcm cried all night after finding out the news. Dcd has been friends with my bil for years. He didn't speak to him for like a week bc he was mad. They pulled the dcb as soon as they found alternate care.
Thats sad. Parents get so involved in their own lives and just cant contemplate any one else having to make tough choices or make changes for their family. Its not like SIL termed them....she closed her whole daycare! Everyone had to find someone else. oy.

I interviewed a mom last week that was really upset to be looking for childcare for her 10 month old. She said the provider promised to watch her daughter for 2 years and then, had a life change and will be moving (about 6 or 8 months into the arrangement). The provider gave several months for the parents to find new daycare and is staying in town just for them. Thats still not enough. The parents want the full two years care no matter what is going on with her. Talk about selfish.