View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by KidMagic:
Generally speaking don't teachers in the same county have the same days off? I'm sure there may be some slight variances but for the most part it would seem pretty standard for them to have the same school holidays, summers, etc. It doesn't seem like it'd be that challenging to find 4 teachers in the same area who would be interested in this but I could be oversimplifying things.

We're not looking to start a huge daycare center (at least not initially) just want to find 4 kids she can watch during the day to make a bit of extra cash. Perhaps I'm being naive to think teachers would find this an attractive option.

I could see staying open on snow days, 1-day holidays, etc. However, the big ones (summer break, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, spring break) we'd want to be closed.
There are 6 different school districts in my community (no clue how many in the entire county) but these 6 are all within 20 miles of each other and NONE of them have the same schedule. It seems they all have different teacher work shop days and closed days.

Even the Christmas or winter holiday closed days vary a bit by two to 4 days.

However, like you said, finding 4 families that meet your needs shouldn't be too difficult to do. You'd just have to do some research and get to know your area needs.