View Single Post
LysesKids 01:32 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I found these poems that I think fit the situation. I might use some of them for future new clients!

CHILDCARE PROVIDER, BABYSITTER & NANNY

Childcare provider:
A professional childcare server who contracts with a client
to hold one slot out of a limited number of available slots exclusively for your child,
with a pre- determined set of hours, for a pre-determined fee per year.
Installments of this fee are usually paid on a weekly/bi-weekly/or on a monthly basis.
This usually includes a provider who is certified in first aid and CPR.
Takes classes, workshop, and attends seminars and conference to stay current on the latest techniques in dealing with age appropriate development of the children in their care.
In most states these Providers have usually undergone criminal back ground checks of themselves and all members over 18 residing in their home.
They are required to have regular medical check ups for all personel in the daycare home.
The providers home undergoes inspections by their licensing agency and regular inspections from the state fire marshall.

Baby-sitter:
A person who usually watches a child in the parents home on an irregular basis,
is not guaranteed to be there for the parent on a regular basis,
is rarely trained in basic life support or first aid, and usually does not provide age appropriate activities for the children in their care,
and is not limited in the amount of children they may have in their care at any one time.

Nanny:
A person hired by one family to provide care for their children on a regular basis in the child's home.
As this person is an employee of the parents, it is usually up to the parents to require and pay for a criminal back ground check if they so desire.
They do not have any kind of inspections by state agencies as they are the employee of the parents working in a private home.

~~~Author Unknown~~~

ODE TO DAYCARE

Little children come to me
For hugs and books and such,
I care for all their simple needs
And also fix them lunch

I pick up toys, mop up spills,
And dry their little tears,
I change diapers,settle fights,
And kiss away their fears.

I tie shoes, button coats,
And push them on the swing,
I really love these kids you see,
But there is one thing.

Call me Mom, or Aunt, or Teacher,
But please don't call me sitter,
Cause I never get to sit!.

~~Author Unknown~~

TOUCHING THE FUTURE

I don't wear power suits,
make speeches,
or drive a fancy sports car.
I've never talked on a car phone,
made a big sale,
or been elected to the Senate.
I don't "do lunch",
have a big imppressive office or carry a beeper.
I spend my days wiping away tears,
giving hugs,
and serving chicken nuggets.
A good day is when I go through a whole day
without a temper tantrum,
bite mark,
or a toilet training accident.
My "office" is a room full of brightly colored toys
and laughing children.
You may not think that what I do is very important
and you may even whisper behind my back
"what a waste of a good mind."
But I know better.
I make a difference
because I'm changing the world
one child at a time.
Everyday I'm getting the once in a lifetime chance
to touch the future.
I'm proud to say "I'm a child care provider"

~~By Marti Doyle~~

I AM A PROFESSIONAL

I am a professional. I may have chosen this line of work because I love children and I enjoy my job, but this is still my job/business. I have received specialized education and/or training to be a caregiver and educator for young children.
I AM NOT A BABYSITTER; I AM A PROFESSIONAL. I AM NOT GETTING RICH.
In many places childcare workers make less then public sanitation workers, secretaries and other jobs that require a lot less education and experience.

I do get paid in smiles, hugs and recognition of appreciation from families. I need you to read all material and notices. I am counting on you to know the information I send to you in writing. This includes newsletters, notes and contract material. It is important that you communicate with me. Let me know in advance if there will be a change in your child’s schedule, or the services you will need. If I ask you to bring in supplies for your child, please do. And make sure supplies are replenished as needed. This may include extra clothes, occasional art supplies, diapers etc.

Remember your child is not the only child in my care. Although I do my best to provide individualized attention at times, I am often unable to change polices or disrupt plans to accommodate the needs of one family. Please do not send your child if they are ill. If they are too ill to participate in the day’s activities they are too ill to be in care. I need to protect the health of other children as well. If your child is or WAS ill, please notify me.

I recognize that you are the most important person in your child’s life. I hope that we can work as a partnership for what is best for your child. Please share with me any concerns or questions about your child’s care and development. Work with me in helping your child learn, grow and develop.

~~Author Unknown~~

I "knew" Marti Doyle when she was a provider (long time ago when I first started); I remember when Touching the Future was written & why she quit being a provider too. Originally the poem was listed on another Forum