View Single Post
nannyde 06:09 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
Your assistant is more like your personal assistant, rather than an assistant that works with the children? Why can't you ask the person who works "hands on" with the children at your center/home to do that task? It just wouldn't seem like summer if children weren't allowed to run through the sprinklers.
Well I could but she wouldn't be able to get the other parts of her job done at the same time.

I train my staff assistant to do BOTH direct physical care and supervision of the kids and the indirect care of the children (laundry, peeling/chopping/food program, sewing, sorting toys, cleaning toys, inspecting toys, rotating toys, cleaning the home etc.)

You said: It just wouldn't seem like summer if children weren't allowed to run through the sprinklers

I agree completely. They do these things with their parents. My kids have about five hours of AWAKE time per day with their parents. They have about four/five hours of summer sunlight when they get home from day care. The most I have a kid is a nine hour day. They are with their parents the rest of the time. They also have them on the weekends.

I agree that water play is a wonderful part of childhood and my kids get a ton of it with their parents.