View Single Post
Lyss 07:54 PM 06-22-2013
I had a parent try to lie on her assistance forms (through her work not state) and said that my payment dates were different and my charges were more. She had some long drawn out story about how in order to get her reimbursement by the 15th instead of the 30th she had to say my dates where different and the charge was what she was allowed to claim up to (so she figured she'd say I charged right at the cap, $75 more than I did). Even though it wasn't MY tax money, like state assistance, it is money that her co-workers pay into so I thought it was rude and said I couldn't sign unless it was correct (plus I was afraid how/what they would report to IRS). a few times she tried to bring me the blank forms, which I wouldn't sign either unless I filled in the proper information (which annoyed her )

I even called her HR department and talked to someone about what was claimed, they couldn't tell me anything but they could verify my information with what she reported. I don't know what happened but she came to me the next month and asked if I had called HR, I denied and said they called me saying they were doing random checks to make sure that I was properly reporting the correct amount on my income and that my tax ID was correct because they had to 1099 me (they didn't, I never received money from them because she was the one reimbursed after paying my fees herself). Thankfully she believed me and used it as another reason why she hated her employer (she got fired 2 months later, she had been trying for 9 months to get fired)