View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 06-24-2013
FWIW~ My comments weren't directed towards you or anything you posted but I did quote you so you knew where I was coming

Originally Posted by Willow:
It's not an attempt to make excuses on my end anyway BC. In MN how she filled out the paperwork is textbook for a child living with a father who is not biological.
But OP made several statement saying she KNOWS this is the DCD and that the parents although unmarried have lived together since before child's birth. So based on what information OP KNOWS, this parent is being deceitful according to the daycare provider's beliefs.

Add to that I think it's hard for a lot of us to understand how OP knows so much about a particular family's financials. I don't know that sort of information about my close family members and best friends, and it's certainly not something I'd ever discuss with my daycare families.
I wasn't suggesting OP turn her in based on her knowledge (or lack) of financial information. I was again, talking about the living situation.

That's not to say this relationship isn't very different for whatever reason but I think that's probably why so many are wondering how on earth one could have such information.
I know a lot more than I care to know about several of my DCF's finances thanks to some of my DCP's being the chatty type~ which OP said this parent was......

Dcd may not actually be dad.

If that's the cause obviously she doesn't live with him and would completely explain why she listed what she did as child support and not common law income.

A lot of people just naturally assume my children are my husband's, even before when we were just dating. Despite living together I was required to not include his income, only mine and my child support counted even though we definitely shared bills.

I'd be seriously miffed if I had to explain their paternity to anyone because it's no ones business but mine.
Unfortunately though in MN you are required to give that information. Even if the male living in the household is not the children's father, the income that person brings into the home counts towards any benefits the mother may or may not receive, including child care assistance.

Also, unless you name a father for your child or agree to have suspected fathers tested, you aren't allowed to collect any type of state benefits....why should the tax payers be financially responsible for a child that could potentially have a contributing parent.....

The OP made a few statements that lead me to make the conclusion that I did. She said:

Originally Posted by Kelly:
Parents are not married but have lived together since before DCK was born.
I do know for sure that DCD does live with them.
(She tends to be one of those parents who tells you more than you really want to know.)
I'm not going to argue over the details. The home improvements were just one example--I know for sure that they live together.
I still stand by what I said. Poster's are arguing income and such and I was simply referring to the subject of dad living with the child and the parent check no.