Thread: Nanny Share
View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 09:32 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by twest1267:
I am NOT making side income - they would pay her directly. I am NOT trying to post a daycare provider situation - I am simply a single mom trying to make ends meet and thought instead of quitting my job because childcare is almost cost prohibitive that I would throw something out there in a creative manner to try and make child care affordable for myself and maybe someone else in a similar situation all the while keeping myself employed, my nanny employed and possibly allowing for another person to be able to go back to employment because they now would have a child care situation that is affordable. Or on the flip side quit work, unemploy yet another person and join the world of obtaining public assistance to try and make ends meet instead. I appreciate your time and efforts in blasting me on all the reasons why this is a problem but the bigger situation is I WANT to be a productive working person in society and I am in a situation trying to make that all work. I am NOT a criminal, not doing some heinous crime here - simply trying to be a working single mother. So if you have any other feedback that is not to actually to discuss with me the possibility of a Nanny share situation then please save your response because its going to fall on deaf ears. Thank you and thank you for such positive and supportive feedback.

Everyone is offering you advice based on decades of experience. You sound stressed and we have all been there! We are trying to help you figure out your current issues, without creating new ones, kwim? What you are describing is illegal, so there is not much advice to offer there, except to research and follow the licensing laws.

As for saving money on childcare, i would release your nanny and put your child in a home daycare. Nannies make great money, so yours will find a new job and YOU will save a lot of money by not using a nanny, which is one of the most expensive forms of childcare. Most states offer childcare assistance, as well, so they will cover some of your daycare costs. I know how it can be when money is tight, but your options are not to offer illegal childcare or to quit working altogether and live off the system In fact, many of us started our daycares bc we were in the same place as you. Needed quality care, couldnt afford it or find it, so we decided to offer it ourselves...legally of course. Good luck to you!