View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:06 PM 06-30-2017
I'm not in the 'local loop' of dcprovider gossip in my town but my food program lady visited this week. We started talking about the ultra-ridiculous new regs that are going into effect Sept. 1st. She said it's causing a lo of providers to go under the radar and drop their licenses. She said she knows 1 who has 10 toddlers. (And yes, she reported them)To me, that is playing with fire. And children's lives. Dcfs need care and legal caregivers are dropping like flies so what other choice do families have? I'm certainly not saying it's right, not at all. Besides, why should all the rest of us have to jump through all these hoops to stay in business while illegal providers are still getting away with it?? The one biggest thing keeping me from being illegal is the risk of a child getting hurt....it'd be all over for me. My insurance co. would drop me in a heartbeat if I wasn't regulated by the state.
So while I'm upset with all the damN rules and regs. they're shoving down our throats, making it near impossible to keep up this profession, I'll never become illegal to keep doing it. It's just not right and too big of a risk.