View Single Post
LittleScholars 04:59 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
The centers in my areas are insanely profitable. That being said it’s still not something I personally would ever consider.
This was the boat I was always in; however, I was presented with a building and a safey net. My husband's family has a vacant property in a strip mall. I could move in rent-free for a few months with a built in safety net. Quickly I would have the same responsibilities as any tenant, but they are offering to provide some cushion. It is a win for them (they get a reliable tenant) and a win for me (loads of savings and a safety net if this doesn't go as planned).

The actual act of owning a center is not super desirable for me, but daycare costs are crazy here ($320/week for infants, $285-$310 for toddlers and preschoolers), so I think the cash flow is there. I'm not dying to do this, but I wonder if I'm passing up a huge opportunity.

I am getting little antsy with my current home daycare situation. I used to be a public school administrator and I think I miss the action. Staffing seems like a nightmare, though.