View Single Post
jen 08:23 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
As a parent I think it's bull. If I can get my child to the daycare then the daycare should provide the care. The other day my wife was dropping our kid off and the normal opening person was leaving saying they was not going to be open due to the weather. The employee made it there just fine as did my wife, but left us in a bind.

I shouldn't be forced to keep a backup plan that I can use at the drop of a hat because those plans are rarely possible. At the very least if you must charge then snow days should be only 25% of a normal day. Would it kill anyone to be a honest person and not try to screw a hard working person over? Because not only are you forcing them to pay for a service you're not providing but you are making them bend over backwards to find another provider or not go into work themselves.

If I can't make it then charge me for that day, no issues at all from me. But when I can make it and you won't then yes we have issues and I will be seeking out a different provider.

LOL...can I assume that you have a CONTRACT which states when they will close and what you will be required to pay!!

Would it kill a person to READ the contract and follow the guidelines instead of trying to screw a hardworking provider over????

Take your business elsewhere if you don't like it, the provider will likely not care. When we create our policies we realize that not everyone will want to follow them and will select another provider. It's just a part of doing business.

L