View Single Post
My3cents 11:24 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I am at the same point. I am stressed to the point of tears and overload trying to make everything perfect and fit everything into our schedule. And I always feel like I am failing.

The kids certainly don't have a great time when I am that stressed, and I definitely don't.

At bare minimum I am going to ease up my schedule so I and the kids are happier.
Blandino-

Are you your own boss? I think this makes a difference. If your not, you have protocol that you have to follow and own up to. I don't have that pressure. I am my critic and I hold myself high to what I do because I love it. I don't sit on my fanny all day and do nothing- I am constantly trying to figure out ways to make my daycare better and what I can do with these kiddo's while they are in my care. When you are doing something because you want to do it, it makes a big difference then when it is being pushed down your throat to do. Just as some kids don't do well with a regular structured day in school. I don't either. I like keeping things real and balanced at least aiming for the balance. I think we are complex little people and people and one way of doing something is not the answer as the states are trying to push onto us. I see tons of people that are book smart but lacking in several other areas- I see this so much when I go to trainings.

You would be smart to ease your days so that both you and the kiddo's are not stressed. I know that is hard to do when your following someone elses guide lines of what is "right"

best-