View Single Post
Miss A 07:25 AM 12-13-2017
I have a DCB who will be 2 at the end of the month, who has very little language skills. He says 5 discernable words, but the rest of the time he just points and says "Da" (that). He screams if I repeat my name back to him after he calls me mom, and will not try to repeat any other words after me either.

Not that my DS is a genius, but at 14 months he is saying 15+ clear words and is willing to attempt to repeat words after me. I haven't done anything different with my DS than I do with daycare kids, so it isn't like I am grooming him.

Now, DCM wants to attempt to potty train. DCB doesn't tell me when he has wet or has a BM, but if asked he *sometimes* will nod his head. DCB is nowhere near ready to potty train, and I believe she should be more focused on speech therapy instead. But, DCM is one who let's DCB day "Da" for everything and just guesses till she gets it right.

For those who have 2 year olds, did they have this much trouble talking? I know boys often take longer to reach milestones than girls, but to me this seems like DCB is way behind.