Thread: Daycare Fire
View Single Post
Starburst 09:17 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I do know I love my pets but I would not go back into a burning building for them- pets can be replaced, humans can't. I love my pets to no end too, but I believe they have instincts inside of them to hide and do what they have to do in an emergency. I don't want to die looking for fido- I would do all I could within me looking for a child.
And that's your choice but to me they are a member of my family (probably more-so than most of my family members) that can't just be "replaced" like a lost pair of earrings. Heck, my brother once caused a kitchen fire that lead my mom in the hospital for smoke inhalation and I was mad because they left the cats in the house (they opened the windows {screened} but still). Pets maybe 'replaceable' to you but to me there are living being with unique personalities just as humans are (though, not many people are all that "unique" IMHO). It may seem silly to you but sometimes it seems like everyone I have ever cared about has either left me or continued to disappoint me time and time again- except them.

But the reason why I brought up my pets is that I'm not 100% sure what I am doing with my cats during daycare hours- If I'm going to have them in my room or a closed off section during daycare hours or let them free roam. I am not going to just leave them in a locked area, trapped with no exit to be put to their death either by being tortured and burned to death or slowly asphyxiated by smoke inhalation (which ever gets them first). As a HSP who has dealt with depression, I know personally I would not be able to live with that guilt and that no matter what the start of the fire was that I would always blame myself and never find inner peace. Just thinking about it right now is reducing me to tears.