View Single Post
Luvnmykidz 04:53 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Honestly, this doesn't sound like an "aggressive" child to me, but normal 2 year old behavior.

I'd try to figure out why the child is acting this way.
  • Is he/she less verbal and not able to express feelings of frustration or anger?
  • Does he/she have enough opportunity to run, jump, move his/her body in big ways?
  • Does the child get enough positive attention, or is he/she going for negative attention because that's better than no attention at all?
  • Could the child be biting from teething pain? Are there teethers available to bite on?

Like I said, this sounds like typical 2 year old behavior, even the "Jekyl/Hyde" thing where he/she is fine one minute and freaked out the next.
DCK is not very verbal at all. Vocabulary consists of mama, night night, bye bye, and hi and no.
I'm pretty certain most of this behavior is attention seeking whether positive or negative attention is given. I say this because bedtime is shortly after pick up from daycare and they arrice at 7 am. The sibling is about to be 9 months old. This child is either crying or hurting others. I do spend more time with DCK doing activites and hugging when DCK wakes early from nap or others are enjoying free play. I really feel for the kid and think DCK is frustrated. DCK has slapped and pulled dcm's hair. Dcm insists DCK is only like this at my house. We go out as often as the weather permits but do music and movement daily. The biting is less frequent than the physical hurting others. I'm definitely open to ideas/suggestions on how to make this work, if there are ways to do so on my behalf.