View Single Post
e.j. 03:28 PM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
"If no one else is complaining and she isn't losing a lot of business because of it she isn't likely to change anything. It doesn't hurt to discuss the issue with her, though."

Hey EJ, just to follow up, I don't know all the parents using our provider, however we do have a good relationship with a couple families using our provider, and the frustration is starting to show. I just happen to be the only one that is brash (however respectful) enough to speak with the provider about it.
I'm not surprised to hear that others are feeling frustrated, too. Unfortunately, if they aren't willing to back you up, she still has little incentive to change the way she does things. Like I said before, she's got a good thing going. She'd be crazy to give it up if she doesn't have to. No matter how much time she takes off, she gets paid for it. If she has enough parents willing to pay for days beyond the 20 they originally agreed to, why would she change for one parent who is brash enough to complain.

You know her; I don't. What do you think will happen once you raise this issue with her? I'm thinking she could either see the error of her ways, apologize and agree to stop charging you for days off beyond the agreed upon 20 or she could thank you for your input, update her contract to include wording that will allow her unlimited paid time off and then offer you the choice of signing the updated contract or finding another provider. If I were in your situation, I'd speak up but I'd also be looking around to see what else is out there in case you find yourself having to make that choice.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
...since our provider is gone on vacation, they actually showed up to their work last night and asked for their next week payment before they left on vacation. Now how does that work, if you are on a vacation and your pay period falls on a day you have off, do you have to pay before hand? ( keep in mind there in nothing in the contract that is stating this policy, just that payment is due before service is rendered) I guess maybe I am just nitpicking, but I would have been pretty upset if I was at work and my provider showed up to collect like some back alley bookie lol. The kicker was this couple paid through Monday of next week on their last payment day knowing the provider was closed this Monday and then on Tuesday morning they were going to pay for the rest of the week as normal.

Just picking your brains, thanks again!
! I would never feel comfortable just showing up at a client's workplace to ask for a check. I'm kind of speechless to think someone would!

I'm paid Mondays (or on the first day of the week a child is scheduled for care) for the week. So if, for example, I had planned to be closed for vacation today and this coming Monday, the payment for today would have been included in this past Monday's check. This coming Monday's payment would be included in next week's check and I would just wait until Tuesday to collect it since Tuesday would be the first day I was open for the week. Basically, I would have expected to be paid in the exact way your friend planned to pay this provider. Even if a parent failed to pay on time, I would attach late payment fees before I'd head over to his place of employment to collect payment.

Btw, you have come across to me as reasonable, understanding and more than patient - not whining or bashing. I think you have a legitimate concern. Since you seem happy with the care she provides overall, I hope you can find a way to work through this with her. Good luck.