View Single Post
My3cents 10:57 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I always read about coming here for support. I have never thought of this site as a support site. That's a narrow view.

I think it's a universal site where ALL things daycare are discussed. Sometimes supportive but a discussion board first and foremost.

Maybe I'm wrong. I see WAY too much support here when support should NOT be given. Support can be a dangerous thing... dangerous to kids. Use it wisely.
Can you explain yourself more please? I agree about it being a universal site, but the bolded part I am a bit fuzzy on....think I get what your saying but just want to clearify.

I personally come here for many reasons.....

ideas

questions, helps,information

to give advice. I like helping others and have been doing this for many years in different venues. The advice I give is always take it or leave it advice, because we are all unique in what we do and how we do it.

isolation from other adults during the day

views of other people, women.

boredom

many of you have become "friends" that I will never see but I think about and care, esp those that put it out there.

support, no matter if it is support I want to hear or support I don't want to hear. It still makes me think

worldly news- how to handle my pent up feelings on different things that have happened......examples- the school shooting, the Boston Marathon

Drama- I get sucked up into the drama debates just as much as everyone else does. I try not to but I do.

Personal growth.

#1 reason is my kiddo's. I want to be the best daycare I can be to these kids.