View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:33 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I think what some people are afraid of is what happened to Dave and some other poster quite awhile ago..
I remember an old thread called something like.."be careful what you say on here" something like that... and I guess someone got mad at her and found out where she lived and sent licensing to her daycare.

I don't know what it was all about but she said she didn't do anything wrong, she just said not to trust anyone.

This is why people post anonymous or registered.
That is WRONG then. If you think posting anything on a public forum even if posting as anonymous is really anonymous, then you are mistaken.

Once you post anything on the internet, the World Wide Web owns it and it can be traced, copied or linked back to you...just like daycaremum said.

Only YOU can be responsible for what info about yourself is out there. It has NOTHING to do with this forum, members (both known and unknown) or moderators.

Only YOU can control what YOU put out there.

What happened to Dave happened on Facebook and Facebook is nothing but social sharing and telling the world stuff (NOT all FB users are like this)

Also what happened to the other poster you are referring to is that she poste something about a family she cared for. Something she should NEVER have posted on a PUBLIC forum and the family she was posting about came across the post and turned her in. Again that had nothing to do with the moderators or members of this forum.

The only person responsible for that happening was the original poster. If she had anything to say about a family in care, she should have done so discretely and in a way that did not identify her or the family.