View Single Post
midaycare 09:01 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
I actually have had parents who have wanted their child to eat gluten-free as a life choice. There was no medical need. They just thought it was a good idea for me to do it. They themselves did not eat gluten-free, but that is how they wanted me to feed their child. I did consider it a bit of a fad, or a way of making their child more special, or something, not exactly sure how to classify that
They could not provide documentation of medical need, so the best I could come up with was that they could decline the food program. We are told we must offer it, but a parent can decline it. Then I asked the parent to provide the food.
In the end, it did not work out. Not the food part, just the over-all expectations of these parents. They ultimately wanted to be sure that this child was more special than any other child in care, and that was just not okay with me.
So do as I say, not as I do? I had an interview on Friday and I could tell the parents were going to be obnoxious. Their little snowflake needed the best of everything. And he wasn't even born yet! I passed.

If someone told me how to eat, I'd be furious. Oh wait, my doctor already does that. Boo! No holiday card for him.