View Single Post
Thriftylady 02:10 PM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by JustWondering:
Just wondering...if daycare requires me to provide my own formula for my infant, why are they also requiring me to have my doctor fill out food program paperwork so they can get an extra $100/month from the state? That $100 isn't going to feed my kid, so where is it going and what's that about?? If the state is willing to pay for formula, would be nice if they would help out the parents who are actually buying the expensive stuff in the first place!!
Well I would ask your provider about it. I mean are you wanting a different kind of formula than your provider provides? Is the provider providing other foods? You are not required by the food program to sign your child up, but that may be a deal breaker with your provider. And every sponsor is different it seems with the food program. So these are things you should be discussing with your provider. For me when I was on the food program, I didn't put my infants on it, but I also didn't provide ANY food for children under 12 months. At 12 months, I require them to be eating the meals and snacks I serve, and be drinking from a cup, as I don't allow bottles or baby foods after 12 months unless a doctor prescribes it for a medical reason. At 12 months if you didn't sign your child up, they couldn't stay at my daycare. But I am not on the food program now.

ETA: When I was on the food program it did help defray costs and keep my rates down a bit.