View Single Post
daycare 10:21 AM 10-10-2016
i agree with everyone here. some families are just not a good fit for our program. I stress this a ton when families enroll.

I don't feel it is anyone's business why a family leaves. most of my parents are all friends on FB, so I am sure they talk among each other.

I go on business as usual. If anyone questions, I just say as the others have said, or just say we decided to part ways.

there was an occasion that I did have to tell everyone that I had a family leaving me because this child's parents were very angry at me for refusing to extend my hours for their child. (ugh) They tried to shut me down, went to licensing and said I was doing all kinds of stuff, which was all untrue. Nothing was founded, I threatened to take them to court and they dropped everything. I had to tell my families, because licensing was going to be coming out and I wanted them to know why. In the end, the parents that left lost all of their child's DC friends because of their childish behavior. The truth always comes out.

Another time I told parents is when we had a child leaving, moving across state. We had a good-bye party for this child.

When I term, or they term for reasons that really isn't a celebration (well for them, lol, maybe it is for me) I do not say anything.