Thread: SA Schedule
View Single Post
284878 11:56 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
How young is the infant? Is going outside not an option at all? If you have an infant carrier you can zip the child right up under your coat if they are small enough to st least get outside for a little while or maybe a walk around the block at the very least. I’ve seen on the news that Michigan has been getting pounded with snow this year so maybe that isn’t an option.

I take on school age older siblings very occasionally on breaks but will not enroll them full time, even in the summers. They are typically content for a day here or there without getting bored even though I do not have a lot of “big kid toys”.
The infant is 7 months and about 15-20 lbs (wears 12 months clothes) I could put the baby in the infant sled, and I have when we go out. Currently, we have too much snow for the toddlers to walk in, so going out to play in the backyard is out. It is about 1-2 feet deep in the backyard, in the front, the sidewalks and driveway are clear but just as deep or more in the yard. Yes, all this snow came in a range of 8 days before that we were walking in mud.

It also ranges from negative 10 to 15 degrees outside. One day recently, I checked the temp during nap and planned on going out, at the end of nap it dropped 10 degrees.
So going out depends on 2 things, one the temperature and if SA dcg comes properly dressed in snow gear. I plan on sending home a reminder this weekend but you never know.