View Single Post
Kiki 07:05 AM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
Okay I don't want to come across as a horrible terrible dirty nasty provider because I totally am NOT! I clean my house every single day, constantly wiping down tables, vaccuuming, mopping, etc.

So please don't think I'm horrible in saying I'm quite surprised everyone seems to be saying they change diapers every 2 hours!!! I've never heard of such a thing!!! I cloth diapered my own child until 6 months old and I know I'm crazy, but I practice elimination communication aka infant potty learning and so my 9 month old honestly pees on the potty a few times a day and poops on the toilet daily too. As a result, he's usually very lightly wet/dry, and I change him very often.

When I started my daycare I had never used disposables and the only thing I'd heard was that they get changed every 4 hours, and most parents told me I should change their kid 3 times in 10 hours which I was horrified by but seemed the norm.

So I change everybody about ever 3-4 hours, except poopies i change immediately. Am I completely wrong here? Am I really supposed to change them every 2??? I thought cloth gets changed every 1-2 hours and 'sposies' every 4ish???
I don't think you're gross at all btw, with my own children I def was not checking them every 2 hours, I'd change them when I knew they needed to be changed.

I think the rule might be state by state though? Not sure. In UT I'm required to CHECK a diaper every 2 hours, not change it. If it's soiled in any way I have to change it, if not they are good to go. (Obviously I change poo right away.)
I only have 2 here in diapers, but I have 2, and my own DD that are recently potty trained, so we do have a schedule put into place for diapers/potty. All of my scheduled times happen after/before a meal time/outdoor time though, so we are all already in the bathroom washing our hands anyway.