View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 04-08-2014
OLD thread... 2010

The info may still be relevant but I doubt any of the unregistered posters have returned.

In response to the newest unregistered poster.... following the state rules is something you agreed to do when you applied for and received a license.

It doesn't mean you get to pick and choose which rules you follow and don't follow. If the state says you cannot have visitors when you are working, then you can't have visitors while working. Just like any other job!

Also the fact that you KNOW you aren't suppose to allow an infant to sleep in a swing and did and are complaining about the fact that you got written up for it verses acknowledging that you deserved the citation (because you did) says that it is a good thing that the state has been visiting you.

I read updates from my state DHS website every.single day about citations given to providers who don't follow SUID guidelines and safe sleep practices (even after taking regular trainings) and it literally makes me sick that so many providers take a KNOWN risk with someone else's child!

Then when it ends badly, we all look bad.

My advice to you is stop complaining about what you can't do and do what you are suppose to do and that is care for the children in your care. Visit with your daughter-in-law and grand children on YOUR time, not time your clients are paying you to care for their child according to the state's guidelines.

I don't mean to sound so harsh but I'm tired of reading about dead babies because provider's think they should be able to do whatever they want in their homes without understanding or recognizing that you agreed to follow these rules when you applied for your license.

Originally Posted by ReniaS:
I am currently a licensed provider and after 20 years of no complaints social service has me under probation because my daughter-in-law and her child and 2 kids she watches comes to my house to do group activities, storytime crafts ect. Social Service says her kids count in my license when they are present even though they have an adult there responsible for them. I was told it may be silly to not allow 2 people with 9 kids versus 1 with 6 but they don't care it's the rules. I was told I cannot have any visitors period. Now they have come back 3 times in the last month and when I had my normal numbers the social worker said "Well then. let's do another walk-through" and proceeded to write me up for violations such as a baby falling asleep in my swing and me not moving her to a crib and that was only about a 3-4 minute span. I have ran an impeccable childcare for 20 years and now feel like I am being bullied and forced out. What are my rights can anyone tell me?