Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
284878 01:32 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I wipe my outside play area off before we go out as well.

But honestly, wet is wet- it wouldn't make a difference if the child was wearing sweats, jeans or leggings to me. If they sit in something wet, they'll be uncomfortable and probably cold.

The crawlers are always on blankets/play mats outside. Although my preference for enrollment is 1+, so I don't have a lot of crawlers.

If it's 30-40 degrees, they're all in snow gear. Which keeps them warm and dry anyway.

Raining- we don't go out.

Dirt- eh. It's daycare. I expect them to get dirty and hope they all wear clothes that parents don't care about anyway. Playdough, paint, markers, dirt... all the same to me.

It's just never been an issue. But, I get it. We all have our irritants and preferences.
I would not be able to wipe down before going out. Going out before open would be a waste of time, and it would be against regs to go out with out taking the kids out to wipe down.

Trust me the kids that have skin tight pants have colder legs. The others can pull down their own pants to change them if they are wet, but the leggings, have to be peeled off.

I would love to have winter gear here now but...
I don't about everyone else but this week we started the days off with 32 in the morning and 77 by 3 pm. Convincing parents to to bring winter gear is hard when kids are coatless by the afternoon. "I know it is almost 80 right now, but they will need winter gear in the morning."