View Single Post
CountryRoads 01:19 PM 02-21-2019
I've got a couple questions.

I have a boy who's 7 that comes almost every Monday after school. His sister is here all day with me, they are a drop-in family. Once he gets here, I am doing activities with the kids. Something structured and organized, like working on our colors at the table or playing with Play-Doh. My group is ages 1-3. My problem is I'm pretty sure he's bored and constantly gets into toys he's not supposed to. I tell him over and over to not get out toys because we are done playing with those. He rough plays with his sister and wounds everybody up. This is pick up time for 2 families, which is why I like to have it quiet and organized - not loud and toys strewn all over the place. To be honest, I don't really have anything for him to do since my group is so much younger. I would prefer him sit somewhere quietly and entertain himself somehow. Any advice on how to control this kid?

He brings me to my next question. Mom mentioned him coming all day when school is out. I really think that's not going to work out. He will be so bored and I see him being a pain to deal with. All my kids nap at the same time and I have no clue what I will do with him during that time. It comes down to he doesn't fit in with the group and our activities due to the age difference. I'd like to tell the mom I can't watch him in the summers, but it's only 1 day a week. Has anyone had success with school agers mixed with their toddlers?

Thanks in advance!